Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite  

Forum Wissenschaft und moralische Verantwortung » Forum Wissenschaft und moralische Verantwortung » Links zur Wissenschaftskritik und Erkenntnistheorie » Publication Politics » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Ekkehard Friebe Ekkehard Friebe ist männlich

Publication Politics Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Auf folgende, sehr aufschlussreiche Arbeit von Bryan G. Wallace aus dem Jahre 1994 m?chte ich hinweisen:

Publication Politics
http://surf.de.uu.net/bookland/sci/farce/farce_5.html#SEC5

Nachstehend drei Zitate hieraus:

Zitat:

Publication Politics

Marilyn vos Savant is listed in the "Guinness Book of World Records" under highest IQ and publishes an "Ask Marilyn" column in the Sunday Newspaper Magazine PARADE. In the May 22, 1988 issue, Jennifer W. Webster of Slidell, La. asks:

What one discovery or event would prove all or most of modern scientific theory wrong?

Marilyn replies:
Here's one of each. If the speed of light were discovered not to be a constant, modern scientific theory would be devastated. And if a divine creation could be proved to have occurred, modern scientists would be devastated.

I suspect that Marilyn has hit the nail on the head. Einstein's special relativity theory with his second postulate that the speed of light in space is constant is the linchpin that holds the whole range of modern physics theories together. Shatter this postulate, and modern physics becomes an elaborate farce! Along with the creation-science debate being published in the letters section of Physics Today, there is also a continuing debate on Einstein's relativity theories. My first entry (21) into this debate was as follows:
(Zitatende, Hervorhebungen von Friebe)

und:

Zitat:

In Galileo's time it was heresy to claim there was evidence that the Earth went around the Sun, in our time it is heresy to claim there is evidence that the speed of light in space is not constant...

The above unfair treatment I received in trying to publish a paper challenging Einstein's relativity theories, is not an isolated incident. As an example, as I mentioned in Chapter 6, in a June 1988 letter I received from Dr. Svetlana Tolchelnikova from the USSR, she wrote that thanks to PERESTROIKA she was writing me openly, but that her Pulkovo Observatory is one of the outposts of orthodox relativity. Two scientists were dismissed because they discovered some facts which contradicted Einstein. It is not only dangerous to speak against Einstein, but which is worse it is impossible to publish anything which might be considered as contradiction to his theory. It seems the same situation is true for her Academy. Lest one thinks that this sort of repressive behavior with regard to relativity theory happens only in the USSR, I have heard or read many horror stories of this happening to scientists throughout the world. To document the nature of the problem within the US, I would like to make several quotes from a book on this problem by Ruggero M. Santilli who is the director of The Institute for Basic Research:

und:

Zitat:

Even Albert Einstein was not immune from pressure from the established politicians in the physics community with regard to the sacred nature of the original special relativity theory, especially with respect to the postulate of the constant speed of light. For example the following quote is from a letter by Dr. E. J. Post in a continuation of the relativity debate:

At the end of section 2 of his article on the foundations of the general theory, Einstein writes: "The principle of the constancy of the vacuum speed of light requires a modification." (26) At the time, Max Abraham took Einstein to task (in a rather unfriendly manner) about this deviation from his earlier stance. (27)

With regard to the scientist's image of himself, Dr. Spencer Weart writes:
A number of young scientists and science journalists, mostly on the political left, declared that the proper way to reshape society was to give a greater role to scientifically trained people that is, people like themselves. (17 p.31)

An excellent example of a physicist politician in action was given by President Reagan's former national security adviser Dr. John M. Poindexter who has a doctorate in nuclear physics from the California Institute of Technology, in the 1987 US Senate Iran-Contra hearings. Asked about his destruction of the presidential order, known as a finding, that authorized the November 1985 shipment of missiles to Iran and described it as an arms-for-hostage swap, Poindexter denied that he did it to give the President "deniability." "I simply did not want this document to see the light of day," Poindexter said, puffing on his pipe. Sen. Warren B. Rudman, the vice chairman of the Senate panel, said Poindexter's stress on secrecy and deception was "chilling." As a second example of the open arrogance and lack of objectivity and integrity of the modern physicist politician, I would like to quote from the published retirement address of the particle physicist Dr. Robert R. Wilson, the 1985 president of the American Physical Society:

Lesen Sie bitte weiter unter:

?Publication Politics?
http://surf.de.uu.net/bookland/sci/farce/farce_5.html#SEC5

Beste Gr??e Ekkehard Friebe

15.06.2007 10:54 Ekkehard Friebe ist offline Email an Ekkehard Friebe senden Homepage von Ekkehard Friebe Beiträge von Ekkehard Friebe suchen Nehmen Sie Ekkehard Friebe in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: